- High Quality
- Authentic Recipes
- Custom Blends
The Beginning: Carmen Basilio’s Italian Sausage Company
Syracuse’s Sausage Company was founded in 1982 in Flower Mound, Texas by Joe Musacchio. Joe first began his career in sausage making in the 1960s at Carmen Basilio’s Italian Sausage Company which was founded by his Uncle Paul Basilio in 1957 outside of Syracuse, New York.
The company was named for Paul’s brother Welterweight and Middleweight boxing champion Carmen Basilio. Carmen famously defeated Sugar Ray Robinson at Yankee Stadium for the Middleweight Title in 1957.
Founding of Syracuse’s Sausage Company
In the early 1970s, a cousin of Musacchio’s moved to Texas where he was unable to find an authentic Italian sausage. Joe sent many a care package to his cousin before relocating to Texas himself and founding Syracuse’s Sausage Company which specialized in Italian sausage and authentic Italian meatballs. Shortly thereafter, brothers Anthony and Bobby moved to Texas to help Joe run the company.
In 1990, Syracuse’s ventured into the casual dining segment of the food industry in addition to the local retail category and also expanded its product line to include smoked specialty sausage. With the Flower Mound location at capacity, the Musacchio brothers relpcated to Ponder, Texas, an hour north of Fort Worth, and converted an old grocery store into a 50,000 square foot facility with 120,000 cubic square feet of freezer space.
- Ponder, Texas
- Northwest quadrant of the Dallas/Fort Worth Metroplex
- One facility with approximately 50,000 square feet of production and offices
- 120,000 cubic feet of freezer space
- USDA inspected
- Qualified HACCP (Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point) plan in place
- Annual review by Silliker, a Merieux NutriSciences Company (history of excellent scores and ratings)
Quality and Taste
- Authentic Products
- All Natural
- Minimally processed, no artificial ingredients or preservatives
- Controlled manufacturing capabilities
- Specialty and Custom Blends
- Successful history working with multi-unit accounts
- Quick turnaround
Family Owned and Operated
- Deep roots in food manufacturing
- Experienced, passionate team
- Dedicated long-term employees